Internal Server Error
10/14/18 Internal Server Error - Identity Series, Pastor Derek
Based on Proverbs 4:23, James 1:15, 2 Corinthians 5:14-15, Ephesians 1:19-21, 2:3-5
- Read Proverbs 4:20-27, why does God talk about the importance of keeping His Word within our heart and turning our eyes and ears towards Him?
- When you wake up in the morning, what are some of your first thoughts? Do you agree there is significant value in seeking the voice of Jesus before anything else? Why or why not?
- Reflecting on Genesis 3, why do you think we are prone to deceptive negative thoughts that distract us from believing Truth?
- Read James 1:15 and 2 Corinthians 5:14-15, have you made a personal decision to test your thoughts & decisions to God's Truth? Before we can test our thoughts, we have to be aware of the voices we listen to. Would you take a few minutes to write down or share what voices influence you?
- God's promise through Jesus, is new life for those who put their faith and trust in Him. Do you believe that you are a new creation? Ultimately it comes down to what you say about you. Do you believe Him?
- Read Ephesians 1:19-21, What is Pauls goal in speaking this to believers in Ephesus? Is your output (daily living) a reflection of depending and drawing from the Superior Source as your input?
- Read Ephesians 2:3-10, you have been made alive in Christ! How do your thoughts (input), reveal this truth to others (output)? Are people glad when you walk into a room or are they relieved when you leave?
- 2 Timothy 1:7 promises that God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-control. Will you thank Him for this promise and pray for an awareness of your thoughts this week? It is vital that our thoughts line up with God's Truth - He is the Superior Source and we are divinely made in His image.